Last updated on: 15th February, 2022
Reliance Storage Limited (RSL)
is committed to protecting the privacy of the users ("you" /
The terms of the Policy provided herein govern your use of any and all of the Applications and the information accessible on or from these Applications. The Policy also lays down how RSL may collect, use and share any information you provide.
RSL reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time. RSL recommends that you review this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of the current privacy practices.
This Policy shall be construed as provided in compliance with Information Technology Act, 2000 as amended and read with the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines and Digital media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021.
- Collection of Information
- RSL may collect the
following two types of information:
Information" which shall mean information
which could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your
name, email address, registration account details, physical address or
other relevant personal details; and demographic information, such as
gender, pin code or similar information. For the purpose of this policy,
sensitive personal data or information has been considered as a part of
Personal Information, which may include information such as password,
financial information (details of bank account, credit card, debit card,
or other payment instrument details).
Information" which shall mean information
that does not identify you or any other individual, and includes
session, web beacons and usage data, log data and aggregate information.
We use this information to inter-alia deliver our web pages to you upon
request, to tailor our Application/website to the interests of our
users, to measure traffic within our Application/website, to improve the
Application/website quality, functionality and interactivity and let
advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
- RSL may install
cookies or other similar data collection software in your computer
system/device for such purpose and you hereby consent to the same. We
may use "cookies", beacons or similar electronic tools to
collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a
User Identification (User ID) to understand the user's individual
interests using the identified computer. Unless you voluntarily identify
yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of
knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer.Third party advertisers as available on our website/webpage may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control. We may place both permanent and temporary cookies in your devices. Information collected by cookies and other technologies are treated as Non-Personal Information.
- You represent that the
information or data you provide from time to time is and shall be
correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and
consents to provide such information or data. You provision of the information or data to RSL and RSL�s consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing or deletion of the same shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, judgments, orders or decrees.
- Use of Information
- You may need to provide
RSL with your Personal Information while registering yourself on
any of the Applications. The information so provided by you to Reliance Storage Limited (RSL) or otherwise captured by RSL may be used for a number of
purposes connected with RSL business operations which may
include the following:
- For providing One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number for activating the Application services, and similarly providing OTP on your registered mobile number when you log out of the Application and want to again log into the Application;
- To verify your identity, access, privileges assigned and relationship with us for using the Application;
- To process orders or applications;
- To provide access to Content and maintain the Application;
- For provisioning of services, testing or improvement of services, recommending various products or services including those of third parties;
- To keep you informed about the latest content available on the Applications and special offers with respect to the same;Storage Limited (RSL)�s policies and/or other administrative information;
- For dealing with requests, enquiries and complaints, customer services and related activities;
- To personalize your experience while using the Applications by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to you;
- For marketing products and services of RSL and its analysis;
- For responding to your queries and fulfilling your requests for information regarding the Applications;
- For notifying you of any new offers or services of RSL and sending you important information regarding the Applications, changes to any of RSL�s policies and/or other administrative information;
- Improving the services,
content and advertising on the Applications;
- To send you surveys and marketing communications that RSL believes may be of interest to you; and
- To conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Applications;
- If you wish to subscribe to any content package or service offered by RSL through the Applications, for completing your purchase. (For example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service);
- To improve the services, content and advertising on the Applications;
- To notify you about changes to Application;analyze trends, to administer the Applications, to learn about user behavior on the Applications, and to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole. RSL may use this information in its marketing and advertising services. Reliance Storage Limited (RSL) may also use such information to measure traffic patterns on the Applications. As Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, RSL may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose.
- To gather analysis or Information with which we can improve the Application;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues on the Application;
- To protect the integrity of the Applications;
- For the purposes of our internal record keeping;
- For responding to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
- To share the information/complaint raised by you with grievance officer or any self-regulatory bodies or association of persons or by the oversight committee mechanism established by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India under the Rules in relation to the resolution of any complaints/appeal(s) raised by you or against you;
2. Your Personal Information will be kept confidential to the maximum possible extent and will be used to support your relationship with RSL, to notify you of any updated information and new activities and other related functions offered by RSL. Any personally identifiable information provided by you will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and / or accessible in the public domain. Further, any comments, messages, blogs, scribbles etc. posted/uploaded/conveyed/communicated by users on the public sections of the Application becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Policy.
3. Further, with respect to Non-Personal Information automatically collected and stored in files, RSL uses this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Applications, to learn about user behavior on the Applications, and to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole. RSL may use this information in its marketing and advertising services. RSL may also use such information to measure traffic patterns on the Applications. As Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, RSL may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose.
- RSL does not sell or
rent Personal Information. Personal Information may be disclosed under
the following circumstances:
- RSL may disclose
your Personal Information to its affiliates, group companies,
consultants, vendors and contractors who provide various services
including, contact information verification, payment processing,
customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure
provision, IT services, and other similar services, under
confidentiality restrictions, in order to enable such vendor and service
providers to provide the services subscribed to by you;
- RSL may provide your
information or data to its partners, associates, advertisers, service
providers or other third parties to provide, advertise or market their
legitimate products and/or services which may be of your interest. You
will have the choice to 'opt out' of such marketing or promotional
communications at your will; and
- As necessary or appropriate:
(a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside
your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process whether
local or foreign; (c) to respond to requests from public and government
authorities, including public and government authorities outside your
country of residence; (d) to enforce Reliance Storage Limited (RSL)�s terms and conditions; (e) to protect Reliance Storage Limited (RSL)�s rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of Reliance Storage Limited (RSL)�s affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow RSL to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that RSL may sustain.
- We may disclose to third
party services certain personally identifiable information listed below:
- Information you provide us such as name, email, mobile phone
- Information we collect as you access and use our service, including
device information, location and network carrier.
- This information is shared
with third party service providers so that we can:
- Personalize the app for you.
- Perform behavioral analytics.
- Your consent being part of the
terms and conditions through which RSL provide you with a
service. your consent to collecting Personal and Non-Personal Information may be implicit or implied or through course of conduct.
- Application may present
display advertising and may collect data about traffic via Open X and/or
Google Analytics, Demographics and Interest Reporting.
- Information Security and
- RSL uses reasonable
security measures, at the minimum those mandated under the Information
Technology Act, 2000 as amended and read with Information Technology
(Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data
or Information) Rules, 2011, to safeguard and protect your data and
information. RSL implements such measures, as stated above, to
protect against unauthorized access to, and unlawful interception of,
Personal Information. You accept the inherent security implications of
providing information over Internet/ cellular/data networks and will not
hold RSL responsible for any breach of security or the disclosure
of Personal Information unless RSL has been grossly and wilfully
- Your information or data will
primarily be stored in electronic form. However, certain data can also be
stored in physical form. RSL may store, collect, process and use
your data in countries other than the Republic of India but under full
compliance with applicable laws. RSL may enter into agreement
with third parties (in or outside of India) to store your information or
data. These third parties may have their own security standards to
safeguard your information or data and RSL will on commercial
reasonable basis require such third parties to adopt reasonable security
standards to safeguard your information / data.
- Not withstanding anything contained
in this Policy or elsewhere, RSL shall not be held responsible
for any loss, damage or misuse of your Personal Information, if such
loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A "Force Majeure
Event" shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of RSL and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- Data Retention/ Data Deletion
- Third Party Websites,
Applications and Services
- Access, Correction and Deletion
RSL provides you with all information that RSL maintains
about you such as the transaction and contact information upon proper
verification. This may be provided to you on request, in case you
experience any doubts. You may request access and/or correct the
information RSL has collected from you by contacting RSL
at email@example.com . If you wish to have the information or data that you have provided to RSL deleted, you can always do so by sending a request to us on the e-mail id. You may note that correction or deletion of certain information or data may lead to cancellation of your registration with the Application(s) or your access to certain features of the Application(s). You also agree and acknowledge that certain data or information cannot be corrected or deleted or prohibited to be deleted as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings.
If you have any grievances in relation to the Application or its Content, you may send a notice to Grievance Redressal Officer at Mrs. Radha Nair, Reliance Corporate IT Park, TC-22, Thane Belapur Road, Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai 400701, Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall try to resolve the grievances as per timelines prescribed in applicable law/Rules.
- Monthly Report
Please find our monthly report in compliance with the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Ethics Code) Rules, 2021 here.
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy or the Application, please contact RSL at email@example.com. For any content related grievances, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reliance Storage Limited (RSL). All rights reserved.